Monday, October 19, 2009

St. Louis - Fresh Eyes

I moved to St. Louis in 1988 to participate in the Coro Fellows Program, a year-long public affairs training program with rotations in business, government, media, elected politics, community and labor organizations. (http://www.coro.org/) What an amazing year I had in St. Louis -- with fresh eyes every day, I got to see first hand all the great things going on in this region. Seeing it with fresh eyes (and no high school lens) has been something that I carry with me every day. I bring this perspective everywhere... to my clients, to long-time residents, to newcomers - truly there is always something to discover in this town, if you look for it!
The glass is half full!
St. Louis is full of so many wonderful assets -- attractions, parks, neighborhoods, sports, family events and, may even make the A-list of cities with a variety of locally-owned restaurants.
This morning I enjoyed a walk through Forest Park, one of America's largest urban parks, and got an opportunity to reflect on the region's rededication to this park. When I moved here the park had a number of areas of neglect, but due to some behind the scenes organizing by a former boss of mine at Fleishman-Hillard and the generosity of the civic community, this park is more amazing than ever before.
This region is a treasure that people who have always lived here don't always see....
Fresh eyes every day make the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment