Wednesday, September 30, 2009

New Generation of Leaders

Seeing and speaking to students about life after college and graduate school is a wonderful opportunity. I always learn from them and am inspired by the idealism and new ideas they share with me.
Universities provide a wonderful, safe learning space, that we should all try to reconnect with when we can.
Last night I spoke to students at Washington University's George Warren Brown School of Social Work about communications and in particular social media. I asked them to envision themselves as the one bringing some new ideas and strategies reflective of a new dawn in technology to the non-profits to which they are affiliated. I shared the shift in how stakeholders want to be reached, and a way to think about each stakeholder.
I shared that their talent, energy and familiarity can really help non-profits make a difference today.
I know one has already found me on LinkedIn and others are bringing their new ideas to the organizations where they are doing practicums. New thinking and new energy is exciting to see, and those who are committed to a life helping others, even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment