Thursday, September 17, 2009

Social Entrepreneurism - Urban Studio

A few years ago I met someone who told me of a group of committed individuals who wanted to start an Urban Cafe - as a neighborhood gathering spot and as a way to generate revenue to support youth art programs for neighborhood youth. I watched as they entered the Washington University Skandalaris Center Competition, winning more than$30K to make their dream a reality. I watched as they told countless people of their idea...
In a few minutes I will go to the Urban Studio located a stones throw from Crown Candy Kitchen in Old North St. Louis on 14th Street for their grand opening! It is exciting to see this project up and running and I look forward to watching it grow. Congrats to Phil and Claire and all the team!

No comments:

Post a Comment